Prevent Pitch Count Infractions. Verify Compliance. Protect Student-Athletes.
Thank you for your submission!
With the dawn of pitch count regulations, state athletic associations have a host of new concerns.
- How will coaches know the availability of pitchers on a daily basis?
- How can we verify that teams across all levels are abiding by the pitch count regulations?
- How will we know when there’s been a pitch count infraction?
- How do we ensure that the pitch count data is accurate and secure to prevent cheating?
- How will players at the Varsity and Sub-Varsity levels be accounted for?
- Most of all, how can we help prevent coaches from using ineligible pitchers and avoid infractions?
These are complex issues requiring a comprehensive management system built specifically for this purpose.
And that system is PitchKount.
PitchKount is a revolutionary software system designed and built with input from coaches, athletic directors and state athletic association personnel. It has a proven track record of success with state high school athletic associations, middle school athletic conferences, collegiate summer leagues and various youth leagues across the country.
PitchKount removes human error in determining mandatory days of rest, makes it simple for coaches to avoid using ineligible pitchers and provides athletic associations with all the oversight and managment tools they need.
With its comprehensive solutions and patent pending technologies, PitchKount stands alone as the Gold Standard for pitch count management.
Some of the game-winning features PitchKount provides Athletic Associations:
- Association homepage with tools to oversee and manage all teams
- Daily pitch count report that differentiates between legal and illegal overages
- System checks to expose the use of ineligible pitchers
- Verification processes to ensure the accuracy of the pitch count data
- Safeguards to secure the pitch count data and prevent cheating
- 24/7 access to electronically stored game reports
- Individual school homepages with all the information coaches need to avoid using an ineligible pitcher
- Daily, team-specific pitching reports that remove human error in determining mandatory days of rest
- Ability of coaches to instantly see the pitching report of their opponent
- Simple game reporting that takes only minutes to input
- No impact on coaches in the dugout. They score their games and count pitches just as they always have
- Free, public access to each team’s current pitching report
- Mobile device accessible without having to download or purchase apps
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The PitchKount system offers various methods for recording accurate pitch count data with each having its own verification process.
Each game report is date/time stamped with who submitted it, who verified its accuracy and then electronically archived for instant access at any time.
If there is a dispute about the pitcher(s) and/or their recorded pitch count, PitchKount provides a specific process to investigate and resolve the issue.
Once a game report has been submitted, coaches no longer have the ability to edit any of the data. This prevents someone from accessing the system to alter their team’s pitch count data and gain an unfair advantage.
However, there is a specific process in place to edit game reports; just not by the coaches themselves.
No. PitchKount automatically performs this function for coaches which removes human error or any misunderstanding of the pitch count rules.
Each day, PitchKount takes the verified pitch count data along with each league’s specific rules and automatically determines every pitcher’s availability. Coaches are provided this information in a simple, easy to understand format so they always know the exact status of their pitchers and those of their opponent.
Absolutely! Every day, PitchKount provides each team with their own Pitching Report that lists those players who are not eligible to pitch. This report updates in real-time and coaches can print it out or use a mobile device to access it from the dugout.
This report also accounts for both Varsity and Sub-Varsity pitchers so nobody falls throught the cracks and pitches when they shouldn’t.
Yes. With PitchKount, we offer multiple ways to view a team’s Pitching Report. Within the system, coaches can use the search function to view an opponent’s Pitching Report and they can even print the report to post in the dugout.
From PitchKount.com, we also offer a free, public view of every team’s current Pitching Report. This page can be accessed without having to login to the system.
PitchKount provides coaches, fans & administrators with the knowledge to prevent the use of ineligible pitchers and avoid infractions from occuring.
Each day, PitchKount generates an athletic association pitching report that not only lists those pitchers who exceeded the pitch count maximum, but also identifies which of those overages were illegal. This instantly allows athletic association personnel know exactly which overages require their attention and which do not.
PitchKount also identifies when an ineligible pitcher appears in a game while in a period of mandatory rest.
PitchKount provides each player with an individual Player Card detailing the dates he pitched and the number of pitches thrown. It lists the dates in chronological order and season by season so you’ll easily be able to see a player’s workload over time and if he was utilized in accordance with the pitch count regulations.
No. Because PitchKount actually helps prevent violations from occuring, less time is spent investigating infractions which decreases the administrative burden.
As a cloud based, independent application that does not require any type of download or software installation, PitchKount provides a low-touch, comprehensive solution to managing pitch count rules.
Coaches and and league officials aren’t tasked with record keeping, determining mandatory days of rest or combing back through box scores to determine if an infraction occured.
Each year, the PitchKount system is updated with each Athletic Association’s current rules. So, as rules change and evolve over time, so will PitchKount!
No. PitchKount is a web based application that can be accessed from any computer or mobile device that has an internet connection.
No. Despite its name, PitchKount is not an in-game app that coaches use to count pitches or score their games. Rather, it’s a software system used after games to collect the pitch count data and automatically convert it into actionable information. So, nothing changes in the dugout for coaches.
If they are using an electronic scoring application that also serves as their electronic clicker to count pitches, they keep right on doing that. If they use a traditional scorebook with a pitching chart or hand-held clicker, that’s fine too. PitchKount does not require them to change what they do and it doesn’t interfere with any type of scoring or pitch counting method.
- Is a comprehensive software solution
- Is simple to use & requires very little data entry
- Ensures the accuracy of recorded pitch count data
- Removes miscalculations and helps coaches avoid infractions
- Automatically determines each pitcher's "Next Available Date”
- Provides each team with a daily Pitching Report of ineligible pitchers
- Helps ensure that all teams are adhering to their state’s pitch count rules
- Protects the health and safety of student-athletes